Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Aliens exist

I'm by no means the pefect seamstress and the box of UFO's (unfinished objects) is proof of this.
I started these two shirts about a year ago and then I got fed up and they got put in the box, and forgotten about.


Can you tell how much I like peter pan collars?
The one on the left was made from some of my Nan's old pillow cases, the reason it was in the box was because the kimono sleeves were SUPER tiny and looked really bad , so I had to chop them off and make a kind of capped sleeve, it'll look OK in the summer but I think I prefer it with a cardigan.

The pink one was in the box because I hate putting on sleeves, and these are way more gathered than the picture on the pattern so I was a little disappointed. I think their still a little wonky, I'm going to have to work on that I guess. The fabric was from fabrics galore and I love it, but it kinda clashed with my hair, so I'm not sure how much I will wear this one.

Are you getting the Land Girl vibe from this outfit? I think its the dungarees and the wellies combo, but it was cold and wet today!


Aliens Exist by Blink 182 on Grooveshark


2 comments:

Popbabe7 said...

I'm glad I'm not the only ones with UFO's!!!

Leah Franqui said...

These are adorable! And I now award you a Liebster blog award! Go forth and feel awarded!

strugglesewsastraightseam.wordpress.com

Post a Comment