Wednesday, 18 January 2012

The Frankenstein Dress


Yesterday evening started with me planning to cut out this dress, that was it just cut it out!
but as all the best plans do, it went terribly wrong. So, some body parts, a couple of pints of blood and a few volts of electricity later the dress was ALIVE! 

Anyway some details:
The pattern is a Frankenstein version the Truffle dress from the Colette Sewing Handbook. I left off  the skirt drape, and adjusted the skirt to make it slightly fuller. (in hindsight I think if I had just drafted my own skirt I would have looked better but I didn't want to spend forever testing and fitting it)
The fabric is quilting cotton from Peter Jones, it was in the sale for £5.30 a meter.

I'm going to wear it to my friends birthday party so I'll try and get some pictures wearing it.


4 comments:

didyoumakethat said...

That looks absolutely gorgeous. Let me get this right - did you make that in ONE NIGHT? Wowzers!

Leah said...

Umm... yeah pretty much! I have a tendency to just sew until I'm done, although it's very productive it usually ends with me still fiddling with it in the early hours of the morning because I cant make myself put it down! I was once up until 3am putting the bias binding on a top, NOT GOOD!
x

Leah Franqui said...

Take pictures! I want to see this, it's adorable!
strugglesewsastraightseam.wordpress.com

Leah said...

Oh I know I need to! it's on my to-do list, i'll get round to it sooner or later!
x

Post a Comment