Friday, 25 November 2011

Some People Just Have The Worst Luck


As I write I'm sitting here with a cold compress on my face, why? I burnt my face with... wait for it... tea!
Don't ask me how because I have no idea one minute I was climbling the stairs with my lovely HOT cup of tea the next I tripped on thin air and managed to splash tea in my face! What the hell is wrong with me!

When my mom got home she wanted to take me to A&E  but I flatly refused a conversation that when sort of like this:

mom: what happened?
me: ummm... i had a acident with some tea...
mom: what sort of tea?
me: normal tea in a cup what sort of other tea is there?
mom: well what did you do?
me: I tripped and it went in my face
mom: do you need to go to A&E?
me: no, it's not that bad!
mom: shall I ring NHS direct?
me: no, they will just say go to hospital! anyway I googled it and I'm doing what the computer told me to do
mom: *comes very close and inspects burn* ( which is from my eyebrow to my cheekbone and over my eyelid) open your eye
me: *opens eye*
mom: OH! your eye is very bloodshot can you see out of it?
me: yes of course I can! I think I would have let you take me to the hospital if I was blind!
mom: are you sure you don't want to go to A&E
me: yes I'm fine it just hurts, I'm going to take some ibuprofen and do what Google says
*5 mins passes*
mom: how is it now?
me: it still hurts!
mom: if we went to the hospital they could give you something for the pain
me: I'm not going to the hospital mom!
*another 5 mins pass*
*my brother comes home and laughs at me*
mom: let me see...oh it looks very red
me: *peers in mirror and prods it gingerly*
mom: does it hurt when you touch it?
me: it feels a little bruised
mom: and your sure you don't want me to take you to the hospital
me: NO MOM! THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I AM SPENDING THE EVENING IN HOSPITAL ESPECIALLY NOT ON A FRIDAY NIGHT FOR SPILLING TEA ON MYSELF!

So that's how I spent my Friday night...
Hopefully I won't be walking round with a huge burn on my face for weeks

On the plus side I finally got a new charger for my camera so no more rubbish phone photos YAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment