Monday, 21 November 2011

Purple People Eater

I've not really had that much time for sewing (or blogging) lately as i'm very busy at college and even at home I am either reading or writing, (I have realised my time management is appalling) but I squeezed making this into a few of my spare evenings. 

A few weeks ago I decided that I needed a autumn coat, I really wasn't happy about having to put my denim jacket away and had been living in cardigans ever since I went back to school because I didn't think it was cold enough for a winter coat.

 I toyed with the idea of making a cape but seeing as most days I double as a packing mule, ferrying my laptop, library books and all sorts of other things to and from college something with actual arms seemed more practical.

 I wanted a quick (cheap) fix so I went searching for a pattern on Burda style and popped to Walthamstow to see what fabric I could get. I ended up with this black and purple (polyester?) wool type fabric for £2 a meter!



I have worn it everyday since I finished it on Thursday so it seems like a winner. I think I'm going to be sad when I have to put it away and start wearing my proper winter coats!

P.s this coat kinda reminds me of a purple mohair jacket my mom had made in the 80's, it was always HUGE and practically ate me alive every time I tryed it on (hence the name purple people eater)

1 comment:

Post a Comment