Saturday, 14 May 2011

Me Made June



I, Leah (avintagethread.blogspot.com), sign up as a participant of Me-Made-June '11. I endeavour to wear at least 1 item made by me each day for the duration of June 2011


I think I'm going to give myself a few exceptions before I start;


work clothes - these are my messy or comfy clothes I wear when I'm doing college work or sewing. 


car boot clothes - usually leggings or shorts and a t-shirt.


I'm not going to be wearing handmade when I'm doing messy things or trampling around a dusty field so I'll say these days are exempt and don't need to be photographed.


I will try to take photos even if its not of me wearing the outfit ( I don't like mirror photos and have too much trouble trying to not look awkward when I take them with the tripod (see past posts lol)) I don't think there is much chance of me doing daily posts but I'll try to make them weekly.


I'm going to try and get some basic tops under my belt before June starts.


I've got these two patterns

This one is from grainline, you can download it for $2.50 here.
I thought that it was a worthwhile investment for a top that will no doubt become a wardrobe staple. 


 This one I found for free on burda style here it's super simple as it's just one piece so all you have to do is sew up the sides and finish the edges and your done!




It's my birthday in June so I was sort of hoping I would get time to sew myself a birthday dress but I don't think thats going to happen, things are getting rather 'serious' at college with words like 'work placement' and 'dissertation' flying around so I've had to admit to myself sewing time is probably not going to be easy to find. Maybe I will be able to sneak a few hours in to make my crepe dress, its not really the birthday dress I had imagined but it would do!




Leahx



No comments:

Post a Comment